Friday, March 26, 2010


January 1st, 2010, a sunset I will never forget. My husband and I went out to catch the first sunset of the year. On top of that, it was our first chance to go out for the sunset after receiving for Christmas a set of Cokin filters. Something that had been on my wish list ever sense discovering my love for long exposures. I also thought, that with these filters, I would be able to get long exposures earlier in the evening. Yes, I was able to, but they were not "magic" and I did have to learn all about them and how they affected the shot and even at that point in my life, I still had a LOT to learn about aperture. As a matter of fact, that was the first night where I took on a 365 project. A project at which I was going to take a long exposure at least once a day and post that photo on Flickr, good or bad, I have a shot for every day so far. I had no idea that I would even make it this far, especially when the goal is for a 30 second exposure, or longer, every day! Some days have been less, but for the most part, 30 seconds! To make a long story short, Jan 1, I took on the project, March 26, I have learned SO much. And I still learn each and every day.

This image I have put here today, is from that most awesome sunset. I have not seen a sunset this great sense. I keep heading off to the beach, in hopes I do, I keep chasing the sun. Wondering what will turn out when I arrive. Sometimes I get color, but not like this. I hope you enjoy.

Oh, and what makes this one of my most favorite shots of all times? It was my first image on Flickr to reach 100+ views!

No comments:

Post a Comment