Friday, July 5, 2013

O Say Can You See







The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and I think that has a lot to do with the challenge of photographing fireworks. Perhaps I really do not look at it as a challenge, but for some it is. A challenge and a bit of luck mixed in there too. I took perhaps 150 photos, just me and my cable remote clicking away as the display danced in front of me. An outstanding performance of pyrotechnics for all of us to enjoy every 4th of July. Every time I clicked the shutter, I hoped I had the right exposure for that blast or all of my settings were spot on. Each and every explosion in the display of fireworks is different from the next and that gives the photographer a bit of a challenge not knowing how the image will turn out. What you get on film is nothing like what you see with your own eyes, that's forsure!

So, out of the 150 images I captured from last nights display, I really liked a small handful. Three of which, I have been sharing between Facebook, Flickr and various publications in the local area. Hopefully at least one will be published. The one here is perhaps my favorite. I posted three on Facebook and this one turned out to be the most popular of the three. That being said, I thought it was the right one to blog! So, I hope you enjoyed the 4th of July and I hope you enjoy this image. God bless the United States of America!

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

No comments:

Post a Comment